How We Care for our Place in New Zealand
Our business has developed the following environmental policy which is based on a commitment to improving our environmental performance across all areas of our business practice, and in the service we offer. Our sustainability will be an ongoing journey which will improve with time and experience. In order to achieve this we pledge the following:
- To think before we buy – informed buying decisions can help us reduce the amount of raw materials used in manufactured goods, eliminate air and land pollution, cut waste volumes, support local businesses and encourage good employment practices here and overseas. This can also help stop the destruction of valuable native forests and natural habitats around the world.
- To think before we use – efficient use of energy, water, office products, fuel and other resources we use to ensure our business reduces our environmental impact.
- To think before we discard – recycling and composting as much waste as possible can help reduce air and land pollution, and reduce the amount going into landfills.
- To protect wildlife and natural habitats – grounds and maintained are planted in an environmentally sensitive way, which helps ensure native trees, insects and birds thrive, and that run-off from our property does not pollute streams or drain into the sea. We take care of the bird life/sea life around the property and if required notify the Department of Conservation of any problems.
- To educate and grow – happy, well-informed staff are a crucial asset to our business success and the tourist experience. Our business will train them, make customers/guests aware of what we are doing and inform them how they can actively participate in helping our environmental sustainability.
- To commit to legal compliance – our business ensures compliance with relevant environmental legislation and regulations, and other requirements to which we subscribe.