Things To Do In Hokitika
Hokitika may be a small township on the West Coast of the South Island, but it offers visitors a wonderful array of activities to enjoy. The main thing to do is to relax and enjoy yourself, whether it is viewing glass blowing or white water kayaking!
Things To Do, See & Experience
Some of the activities you can do in Hokitika include:
- Glass Blowing – Visit local glass blowing factories and view your Hoki made souvenir as it is made.
- Jade Carving – Marvel at the craftsmanship involved in creating unique pounamu (greenstone) carvings and jewellery.
- National Kiwi Centre – View the nocturnal kiwi, the small flightless bird, which has become a much-loved New Zealand icon.
- West Coast Historical Museum – Find out more about Hokitika’s gold mining past and regional heritage.
- Heritage Walks – pick up a copy of the heritage walk from the Visitors Centre and explore the waterfront.
- Glowworm Dell – opposite the Shining Star accommodation, you’ll find a small, easily accessible glowworm cave.
If you are planning a visit to Hokitika, find out more about our accommodation options.